Portsmouth, Dominica Cruise Port Guide
Portsmouth, Dominica is a popular cruise destination for its stunning natural beauty and unique Caribbean culture. The town of Portsmouth is located on the island’s northwest coast, overlooking the Caribbean Sea and Prince Rupert Bay. It is a great spot for relaxation and exploration, with a variety of activities to choose from. Cruise visitors can explore the bustling streets of the town, take a leisurely stroll along the waterfront, and enjoy the beautiful beaches of this Caribbean paradise.
There are also plenty of attractions nearby, including the world-famous Boiling Lake and the Morne Trois Pitons National Park. Visitors to Portsmouth can also enjoy a variety of water sports and activities, from swimming and snorkeling to scuba diving, sailing, and fishing. Portsmouth is a great destination for a memorable cruise experience!
1. Portsmouth Beach: Located near the town of Portsmouth, this beach is a great spot for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking. The beach is also popular for its stunning views of the nearby Cabrits National Park.
2. Cabrits National Park: This protected area is home to a stunning array of wildlife and plant species. Visitors can explore the park’s trails, take a boat tour to observe the nearby coral reefs, and take a dip in the freshwater pools.
3. Emerald Pool: This natural pool is located in the western part of the island and is a popular swimming spot. The pool is surrounded by lush vegetation and shaded by the nearby trees.
4. Fort Shirley: This 18th century fort is located in the Cabrits National Park and is the largest fort in the Caribbean. Visitors can explore the fort’s ruins and learn about its history.
5. Indian River: This river is located in the northern part of the island and is a great spot for bird watching, kayaking, and fishing. The river is also popular for its spectacular views of the nearby mountains.